Provincial Upgrade Program
The Provincial Referee Upgrading Program is designed for Regional Referees who are seeking promotion to the Provincial List of Referees in Ontario. Referees must have completed a minimum of 1 season as an ACTIVERegional Referee before they can apply to the Provincial Upgrade Program. "Active" will be defined as having centred a minimum of 10 games at the appropriate level or higher, and a minimum of 10 games as AR at the appropriate level or higher.
This program requires the following:
- Submission of the OSA Provincial Upgrade Application on or before March 1st, 2012
- Successful completion of the Ontario Soccer Association Provincial Upgrade Fitness Test (April 14, 2012)
- Successful completion of the CSA written exam (April 19th)
- Mandatory attendance at the CSA 2 day in-training session : May 19-20, 2012 Vaughan, Ontario
There is no application fee for this program
Requirements for successful upgrade to a Provincial Referee:
- Send in application to the OSA office before the March 1st, 2012 deadline
- Pass the Fitness Test at the Provincial Referee Standard
- Pass the CSA online written exam
- Complete the CSA 2 day in-training session
- Referee in a minimum of 20 qualifying games (competitive U18 games and above).
- Work as an assistant referee in a minimum of 5 qualifying games (competitive U18 games and above).
- Receive a minimum of 3 assessments over the period of 20 qualifying games. Assessments are reviewed by a review committee at the conclusion of the year and a decision will be made regarding the referee's status. Note that simply meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee upgrade to a Provincial Referee.
The deadline to send in your application to the Provincial Upgrade Program is passed.
For further information, please contact Doug Docherty at email@example.com