IT IS ESSENTIAL THAT THE TEAM OR CLUB OFFICIAL DISCUSS THE FOLLOWING WITH THEIR PLAYERS AND THAT THE PLAYERS UNDERSTAND THE FOLLOWING PROCEDURES:
All Discipline will be conducted where possible by Discipline by Review (DBR). Some cases, such as those involving physical assault of a Game Official, shall be handled as per the Rules and Regulations of the Ontario Soccer.
A Registrant is entitled to know for which offence they have been dismissed from a game, and may request from its Governing Organization a copy of the report within twenty four (24) hours of the dismissal so that the registrant(s) upon receiving the report will have seventy (72) hours to request a hearing if permitted as per Procedure 5.3.6
The right to request a Discipline by Hearing (DBH) must be received in writing by the Southwest Soccer Discipline Coordinator together with the applied discipline fee (to be paid via e-transfer or credit card) within 72 (seventy-two) hours of the receipt of the dismissal.
As per Ontario Soccer Policy 5.3.2, Southwest Soccer publishes the dates on which it holds Regularly Scheduled Hearings. Southwest Soccer will publish the name of the player / coach / club etc. and Ontario Soccer charge and corresponding suspension on www.swrsa.ca. Correspondence detailing the suspension will be issued to the Club and the League. It is the responsibility of the Club to inform the player of his / her suspension.
It is the responsibility of the player to check the Southwest Soccer website and / or Request a Hearing within three (3) days of receiving the dismissal. It is the responsibility of the League to ensure those players / Clubs adheres to the suspensions issued by Southwest Soccer.
In all cases of an alleged Match Official Assault, upon receipt of the referee’s report, Southwest Soccer shall notify the alleged accused that he/she will be SUSPENDED IMMEDIATELY from all soccer related activity pending a hearing by Southwest Soccer's Discipline Committee. Said person will be notified in writing of when and where to appear.
A. DISCIPLINE BY REVIEW SYSTEM (DBR):
For the following offences:
- All misconducts will be dealt with by Discipline By Review, where permitted under Ontario Soccer Policies.
- The Discipline Committee will review all misconduct reports based on the referee report only and render a decision without a formal hearing. Southwest Soccer will issue an email to the Club stating game suspensions and charge the club a non-refundable discipline fee of $50.00 (to be paid via e-transfer or credit only) which is payable by date stated in the notification. If the fee is not paid by this date the player will be suspended from all soccer activity until the outstanding fee is settled. All fees will be paid to Southwest Soccer via the club in which the player is registered. Overdue fee charges may apply.
- The Accused has the right to Request a Hearing in writing within three (3) days of receiving the dismissal except in cases of Ontario Soccer Misconduct Type 1.3, 1.5 and 1.6. The Request for Discipline Hearing Fee of $100.00 (to be paid via e-transfer or credit only) must be submitted at the time of request. If found not guilty, the fee will be refunded.
- Discipline decisions made under the Discipline by Review System may not be appealed.
B. DISCIPLINE BY HEARING SYSTEM (DBH):
- FOR ALL OTHER TYPES OF MISCONDUCT, the registrant or his designated representative (with a signed proxy signed by the accused) must appear before the Discipline Committee at a hearing on the scheduled discipline date as published on the Southwest Soccer website with the Discipline Hearing fee of $100.00 (to be paid via e-transfer or credit only). If payment is not received the hearing will not go ahead and the accused will have failed to attend. If found not guilty, the fee will be refunded.
- DISCIPLINE BY HEARING decisions may be appealed to Ontario Soccer.
C. FAILURE TO ATTEND DISCIPLINE BY REVIEW OR DISCIPLINE BY HEARING:
- Failure to appear on the scheduled hearing date will result in the accused being suspended from all soccer activity until a Request for Hearing is made to the SWRSA office and the subsequent hearing is attended. A Request for Hearing fee is $100.00 (cash or credit only) and is non-refundable.
D. RIGHTS OF THE ACCUSED:
- Failure to appear by any of the “parties required to attend” following receipt of notification shall result in disciplinary action being taken against the absent party.
- The accused has the rights to receive within 48 hours upon submitting a written request to the organization, a copy of the Report(s) of Misconduct and all documentation which will be considered by the Discipline Hearing Panel.
- Witnesses, advisors and observers are entitled to attend, but they must appear in person. Written reports by witnesses are not acceptable. Parties are responsible for having witnesses attend a hearing.
- Requests for postponement of a Discipline Hearing must be submitted in writing; and be received by the South-West Regional Soccer Association (SWRSA) no later than four (4) days prior to the date of the hearing on the face of this notice.
- Additional information on hearings and appeals is available on the Southwest Soccer website (www.swrsa.ca) and the Ontario Soccer website (www.ontariosoccer.net).
E. OVER DUE FINES:
Ontario Soccer Policy 10.5 Any registrant failing to pay a fine, fee or bond imposed by a Discipline Hearing / Review Panel shall be subject to an additional monetary penalty and if still unpaid, shall be subject to suspension and shall remain under suspension until imposed penalty (plus original fee, fine, bond) is paid.
Southwest Soccer Rule 11.3: Any registrant failing to pay a fine, fee or bond imposed by a Discipline Hearing / Review Panel shall be subject to an additional monetary penalty of $200.00 if the original fine, fee or bond is not received within 60 days. If still unpaid, shall be subject to suspension and shall remain under suspension until imposed penalty (plus the original fee, fine, bond) is paid.